Sorry about the short notice on this one. There is a meeting tonight: Community Budget Information Meeting on November 30 to discuss FY 2010-2011 budget. I asked if we should show up to talk about our priorities and they said no.
I have heard otherwise.
Here are some talking points:
- thanking Commissioner Fish and Director Zari Santner for their
commitment to serving Portland’s youth through the development of
public skateboard parks,
- gently reminding them community need is far from met.
- Portland’s skaters understand the economic downturn means
resources are not immediately available for skatepark development as
they were in 2006 and 2007. As a result,
- skaters understand the pace of skatepark development has needed to
- We look forward to supporting passage of the Parks levy intended
for 2010, which will include dollars for the Steel Bridge project as
well as skatespots.